Wednesday 9 October 2019

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Image result for red rising

    

         This was a good one. I'd never heard of Pierce brown before getting this book. I trusted the recommendation of a twitter friend and found a new fave. What a ride this book was! Darrow's trauma at discovering that the world was bigger than he thought. The cool process of upgrading him,tickled every science fiction bone in my body. From Lykos to Villain military school I was hooked on the story and invested in Darrow. I was skeptical when the story turned into Hunger Games with rape and maiming but I was interested in seeing Darrow and his team of merry misfits win. I love camaraderie and the friendship power trope and I am completely unapologetic about it. I however, was annoyed when the book ended immediately after the tournament but in hindsight was the best thing ever. Pierce Brown did something with book two and I loved it. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig