Monday 17 September 2018

Becca; Glow on the Go







 I have wanted to try the Becca highlighter for years. The hype that came with the Jaclyn Hill's Champagne Pop was insane. I remember salivating over my friend's snapchat videos when she got hers, I could not justify spending £30.00 on a highlighter. Broke student life. My mindset doesn't seem to have adjusted as I still have a problem with spending that much money on a highlighter. That's why I was glad when they introduced the Becca mini and Go on the glow set. Be still my miserly heart.


 It's great stuff! I tested the Becca pressed mini against the Elf baked highlighters. While if you weren't a picky person I would see how you might shrug at the slight differences[they are really just highlighters] but the Becca really is better. I got Opal because it seemed like a nice color. People think that dark-skinned people should go for dark highlighters and sigh, it really doesn't work that way all the time. Sometimes you're left with a strip of gold pigment on your face which stands out oddly as foundation tends to wear off gradually through the day. Overly pigmented highlighters are just not for me,though they can look good for a short time. 
   The Becca spotlight was extremely underwhelming. I ended up using it only when I did not want to wear complexion products. It gave my cheek bones a subtle glow but so did my sunscreen.I was just totally unimpressed.
   
 Where was I?Test.The Becca pressed highlighter definitely lasts longer on the skin than the Elf. This was very obvious when i used the Elf and Becca all over my body on different beach outings. The Elf held up until I dipped myself in the water. Everybody already saw me sparkling like freshly glazed pastry and I was done taking pictures so I didn't really care. The Becca survived speed boating, dunking, tug of war and even after i got home tipsy and fell into bed without a shower it was still visible after I woke up.Magical. I'm sold on this, I will definitely be repurchasing in the bigger size next time.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig