Thursday 10 October 2019

Golden Son by Pierce Brown


 Image result for red rising 2
  This installation, the second book in the Red Rising series started with Darrow having won a place in House Augustus over the years...and then promptly lost it. I love absolutely loved space warfare.As one of my nerd friends would say; Inject it into my veins! Cassius Bellona  is still being an ''honorable'' pri.. er person by refusing to forgive Darrow for killing his sweet brother even though he's well aware that Darrow had no choice and had gotten his revenge anyway. The whole Bellona clan is after him this time and Augustus was done with being targeted over something he had nothing to do with. Anyway he's lost his place and his money and he teams up with who? Jackal. He thinks its worth it so I defer to his judgement, not like he had much of a choice. In fact the whole book is about Darrow not having any real choices and making do with what was available. We learn about the existence of Octavia au Lune, the Sovereign of the Society.She does a good job of pretending to be a fair leader but course shows her hand at the ball and when the Oracles were used. The book keeps giving revelation after revelation,*sneezes in Mustang Augustus*and ends with the best plot twist I've ever seen in my life. I refuse to spoil the best part of the book but oh my days it was good. If i reread it , its to see how i could possibly have not seen the signs. I immediately got book 3 then refused to read it for 2 weeks because i was so upset. Good one Pierce Brown. 5 Stars!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig