Monday 14 October 2019

HYPERION by Dan Simmons

77566

So apparently I played myself by not reading any Dan Simmons book all these years. First of all, a scifi author that doesn’t use sexual violence against women for shock value? I’m shocked! I didn’t appreciate how tired I was of that trope until I realized that I was tense and waiting for it. So many good sci-fi plots in one book, it felt like eating a tin of assorted cookies. My favorite was the story about the cruciform. A plot that can carry an intersection between religion and science fiction? A back story for Christianity that has interstellar origins? Inject it into my veins! This also has a theme of time travel,nanobots, evil AI, futuristic technology. Classic science fiction. 5 stars.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig